Chocolate-Covered Pretzels / Oreos / Dried Fruit / Anything that Strikes your Fancy
6 ounces semi-sweet, milk, and/or white chocolate chips
Cookies, pretzel rods, dried fruit or anything else you like
Toppings; sprinkles, chopped nuts, eatable glitter
1) Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until it is completely smooth. N.B. make sure whatever container you melt the chocolate in will be big enough to dip things in.
2) Dip pretzel rods (at least half way up) or dried fruit pieces in chocolate and allow excess chocolate to drip off. Twirl slightly to get even coverage.
3) If desired, apply sprinkles, nuts, or other toppings before placing chocolate dipped treat on wire rack. I went with all white sprinkles to make them
4) Transfer racks to fridge for 20 minutes and then places pretzels / cookies in zip-lock bags or in wax paper-lined containers. Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
5) Wrap chocolate-covered gifts in festive cellophane bags and distribute to grateful friends / family / workmates.
I dipped large pretzel rods, dried apricots, and double stuff oreos. The oreos required a little more attention to detail for full coverage; I ended up throwing them in the chocolate and fishing them back out with a fork.
|Pearly, glittery apricots|
|Chopped almonds and milk chocolate|