Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thrifty Thursdays Snackles: MUFFINS

I hate to waste food. I can invent meals with the best of them. It's like the Great Depression in our kitchen; I won't throw anything out and the Month stockpiles food like there's no tomorrow.

I have had Trader Joe's pumpkin pancake mix living in my pantry for an unpublishable amount of time. Since I didn't really want to eat three pounds of pancakes in the near future and it's essentially fall flavor season, I decided to do something with it. The power of google brings us to the solution:

Pancake Mix Muffins (adapted from a post found via Taste of Home)

3 cups pancake mix (I used Trader Joe's Pumpkin Pancake & Waffle Mix)
2 tsp brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 - 1 2/3 cups milk
 Chocolate chips, nuts, etc for topping / mixing in.

Mix till just moist. Add toppings as desired. Bake at 375 for 18 min. Makes 12 muffins.

 I customized each muffin with different toppings: chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, vanilla almond granola, and a combo of all of the above. These muffins puffed up gloriously and were taste tested approved.

*The phrase "Thrifty Thursdays" popped into my head an a delightful alternative of what used to be "Thirsty Thursdays"...why drink heavily when you can make muffins?


No comments:

Post a Comment